Undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in education courses with fieldwork must submit the following four clearances to the Education Department prior to their fieldwork placement:
- PA Criminal Record Check (Act 34)
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151)
- FBI Clearance (Act 114)
- TB Screening
- Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse: Mandated and Permissive Reporting in Pennsylvania (Act 31): required for undergraduate students only
- Access the PA State site here.
- Click the link Submit New Record Check.
- Agree to the conditions and submit personal information required. Pay the fee of $22 by credit card.
- Once PA Criminal Record check is completed, print and submit the letter to the Education Department secretary. Read more about requesting a criminal history record in Pennsylvania here.
PA Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151)
- Access the PA Child Welfare Information Solution site here.
- Follow the link under the Electronic Submission header.
- On the Child Welfare portal, select individual Login.
- Log in. If necessary, create a new Keystone Login.
- Agree to conditions and submit personal information required. Pay the fee of $13 by credit card.
- For application purpose, select “School Employee Not Governed by Public School Code.”
- Once PA Child Abuse History Clearance is completed, print and submit the report to the Education Department secretary (Room 106, Upland Center).
FBI Criminal History Background Check (Act 114)
FBI Background Checks are organized through an online web site IdentoGO. Pre-registration and appointments are required for electronic fingerprinting.
- Access the IdentoGO site here. If screen prompts appear that they do not allow you to directly enter a Service Code, go through the following steps:
• Select “Get Fingerprinting” in the upper right screen
• Type in “Pennsylvania” to select a fingerprinting service by State
• Select “Digital Fingerprinting”
- Enter a Service Code: 1KG6RT
- Complete your registration for the electronic fingerprinting appointment.
- Print the registration confirmation e-mail sent within 24 hours and take it to your electronic fingerprinting appointment, along with photo ID and payment method.
The list of fingerprinting locations can be located on the IdentoGO website.
Local sites close to Alvernia’s main campus
- Mail-N-Ship 4U, 96 Commerce Drive, Wyomissing, PA 19610
- Berks Intermediate Unit 14, 1111 Commons Blvd., Reading, PA 19605
Local sites close to Alvernia’s Philadelphia Center
- 8302 Old York Rd, Elkins Park, PA 19027
- 450 S Easton Rd, Glenside, PA 19038
Local site close to Alvernia’s Schuylkill (Pottsville) Center
- 2221 W. Market Street, Pottsville, PA 17901
Electronic fingerprinting appointment
- An appointment is approximately 10 minutes. Please note that a photo ID issued by a federal, state (driver’s license), or local government is required by the fingerprinting location before they are allowed to process the request. Alvernia’s photo ID is not accepted.
- Pay the fee of $22.60 at the electronic fingerprinting site. Please note that the credit card should be issued in your name.
- Confirmation of the application and fingerprinting will be sent to your email within 24 hours. The final report takes up to seven days.
- Print the report and submit it to the Education Department Secretary (Room 223, Upland Center).
Schedule a skin test at the University Health and Wellness Center. Two negative skin tests, with one within past year, are required. If TB screening is done elsewhere, submit the report to the Health and Wellness Center.
Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse: Mandated and Permissive Reporting in Pennsylvania (Act 31) Online Training
(Please note that this training is required only for undergraduate students)
- Access the course here.
- Register to create a username and password. Login.
- Complete the training.
- Print a certificate of completion and submit it to the Education Department Secretary (Room 106, Upland Center).