Plans for Alvernia’s PLEX project aren’t the only ones raising eyebrows on the university’s campus. Beginning this August, visitors to the university are in for a big surprise. During the past few months work crews have created a new main entryway to campus directly off St. Bernardine Street (previously the main campus entrance was off Greenway Terrace) that includes a scenic boulevard that also leads to the Bernardine Franciscan Sisters’ convent. The sisters founded the institution in 1958.
It leads to an impressive new arrival court in front of Francis Hall that features generous parking to accommodate visitors, with the university’s seal emblazoned in the center of the court. Once inside, an extraordinary new Welcome Center has been created for visitors seeking information or directions to any campus department or university event.
The new welcome center will also serve as the official starting point for students and families visiting campus. Tours will end in the Admissions Office where the admissions team will answer their individual questions.