Applying for Housing
New Student Instructions
All first and second year undergraduate students, except those noted below, are required to reside in a College residence facility unless a petition for off-campus living is approved by the Vice President for University Life. Exceptions, as noted on the off-campus housing waiver, are:
a) Commuter students residing with parent(s) or legal guardian
b) Caregiver for young or elderly
c) Age 21 or older
d) Completed 60 or more academic credits
f) Special needs with a medical disability that cannot be accommodated by Alvernia University residential living
To apply for on-campus housing please complete the following:
1) Complete a housing application form to the right and submit it to the Office of Residence Life along with a $250 non-refundable housing deposit.
2) Each application will be dated upon receipt. All housing applications will be processed by the Office of Residence Life beginning on June 15. Priority is given to applications in date order whenever possible, it is your advantage to submit the application as early as possible.
3) After all housing assignments are complete, the student will be sent a housing packet, New Resident Newsletter and a Housing Contract to review and sign. The student will need to return the completed, signed contract and all required medical forms before a room a room assignment can be confirmed.
Returning Student Instructions
Housing Information Tables
All are Located in the Student Center
between 11:00am - 1:00pm
|Tuesday, February 5th|
|Thursday, February 7th|
|Monday, February 11th|
|Wednesday, February 13th|
|Pre-registration for Fall 2013
||Monday, March 18th through Friday, March 22nd|
|Housing Deposit, Registration and Application due||Monday, March 25th|
|Housing Lottery Numbers Posted||Tuesday, April 2nd|
Community Housing By Occupation, Interest or Civic Engagement "Choice" SelectionLocated in the Student Center between 1:00pm-4:00pm
|Friday, April 5th|
Room Selection (All Others)
Located in the Student Center between 1:00pm-6:00pm
|Sunday, April 7th|
Requirements for Participate in Housing Selection
A student is eligible to participate in housing selection if she/he meets the following conditions:
• Have paid a non-refundable $250 housing deposit to the Student Billing Office by Monday, March 25th.
• Are registered for 12 or more credits and matriculated by Monday, March 25th.
• Have completed a housing application and returned it to the Office of Residence Life by Monday, March 25th.
Any student who does not meet each of these conditions cannot go through housing selection. After housing selection has taken place, students who have missed the deadline will be housed as they meet the requirements.