Applying for Housing
New Student Instructions
How To Complete the Housing Application Using eRezLife
Step 1 – Go to Alvernia website click on “Log ins” (top right hand of home page)
- It is recommended that you use the most current version of Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer (version 11) as your browser
Step 2 – Go to bottom left hand grey box in the second row click on “eRezLife”
Step 3 – Create an account
Step 4 – enter your Alvernia email address: Firstname.Lastname@alvernia.edu Example: Shannon.firstname.lastname@example.org (A yellow bar will appear across the top of the page letting you know that an email was sent to your Alvernia email account)
Step 5 – Open another tab in the browser
Step 6 - Open Alvernia website again and click on “Log ins”
Step 7 - Go to the second grey box in the top row and click on “Email”
Step 8 - Log in to your Alvernia email account
- Username: first four letters of your last name (all lower case) followed by the last six digits of your student ID number example (merk123456). Your ID number was given to you on the paperwork that was sent by Admissions.
- Password: the same as your username
Step 9 – Open the email from eRezLife
Step 10 – Your username will usually be your entire last name when using eRezLife
Step 11 – Click on the link in the email. You will be directed to another log in screen where you will enter the username that was in the email and then you will have to create a password. Please choose something that will be easy for you to remember. You will use the housing system every year for housing selection.
Step 12 - Complete the housing application. If you have any questions please contact the Office of Residence Life at (610)796-8320. We are available Monday through Friday between 8:30am and 4:30pm.
Returning Student Instructions
Requirements for Participate in Housing Selection
A student is eligible to participate in housing selection if she/he meets the following conditions:
• Have paid a non-refundable $250 housing deposit to the Student Billing Office by Monday, March 31, 2014.
• Are registered for 12 or more credits and matriculated by Monday, March 31, 2014.
• Have completed a housing application online Life by Monday, March 31, 2014.
Any student who does not meet each of these conditions cannot go through housing selection. After housing selection has taken place, students who have missed the deadline will be housed as they meet the requirements.