Alvernia's Reading Collegiate Scholars program, featured in national news, is helping "kids in one of the nation's poorest cities get ready to do college work — and to succeed once they get there."Read More
Alvernia's Class of 2018 has arrived on campus for Orientation Weekend!Read More
Alvernia Facts and Figures
Alvernia Facts & Figures
- 3,000 total students
- 1,500 traditional undergraduates
- 40:60 male-female ratio
- Approximately 77% of freshmen reside on our 121-acre campus.
Our graduates are discovering that the purposeful, practical liberal arts education they received at Alvernia University benefits them in their professions. A survey of 2008 graduates revealed the following:
- 83% felt their Alvernia education provided experiences relevant to career goals.
- 84% felt their Alvernia education has provided up-to-date information relevant to current issues and topics.
- 86% credit their Alvernia degree as a factor for getting their new job.
- 73% of students who have jobs with new employers or a job offer said their Alvernia degree was a requirement for the job.
- The majority of Alvernia graduates with new jobs found them within 1-3 months of graduation.
- They associate their new degree with anticipated benefits such as promotions, better job security, better benefits, and extra vacation time.
Frequently Called Numbers
Have questions? Let us help!
|Office or Department||Number|
|Dean of Students
Full University Directory