Parents and Family Calendar
On a beautiful April day, 250 Alvernia students, faculty and staff members manned shovels, saws, rakes and clippers to clean up the Angora Fruit Farm near Antietam Lake at the direction of the Berks County Parks Department staff.Read More
Junior psychology major Kevin Shainline has been named a 2014 Newman Civic Fellow by Campus Compact.Read More
Alvernia Facts and Figures
Alvernia Facts & Figures
- 3,000 total students
- 1,500 traditional undergraduates
- 40:60 male-female ratio
- Approximately 77% of freshmen reside on our 121-acre campus.
Our graduates are discovering that the purposeful, practical liberal arts education they received at Alvernia University benefits them in their professions. A survey of 2008 graduates revealed the following:
- 83% felt their Alvernia education provided experiences relevant to career goals.
- 84% felt their Alvernia education has provided up-to-date information relevant to current issues and topics.
- 86% credit their Alvernia degree as a factor for getting their new job.
- 73% of students who have jobs with new employers or a job offer said their Alvernia degree was a requirement for the job.
- The majority of Alvernia graduates with new jobs found them within 1-3 months of graduation.
- They associate their new degree with anticipated benefits such as promotions, better job security, better benefits, and extra vacation time.
Frequently Called Numbers
Have questions? Let us help!
|Office or Department||Number|
|Dean of Students
Full University Directory