Step 1: Math and Writing Assessments for Course Placement
Before you may register for your Fall courses, you must complete placement assessments in mathematics and composition. These assessments will allow Alvernia University to determine the best courses for you take your first semester.
Accurate placement is one of the most important factors in your academic success, so please follow the instructions on each test page carefully.
What you need to know before you begin:
- You will need your login handy. The login is included in the Next Steps for New Alvernia Students you received in the mail.
- You will have 60 minutes to complete each test.
- Once you start an assessment, you cannot stop. You must complete it in one sitting.
- You may take as long as you want between completing one assessment and starting the next one.
- It does not matter which assessment you take first.
- If you experience difficulties during the Course Placement Assessments, please call 610-796-8266 between 8am and 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
Follow the links below for more specific information about the mathematics and writing placements. When you have submitted both assessments, please proceed to step 2.
If you are requesting ADA accommodations for your placement evaluations, DO NOT use the links below. Contact Disability Services Office to submit required documentation and request an alternate assessment that meets your reasonable accommodations.