Reading Health System + Alvernia = Success
Through a partnership with Alvernia University, Reading Health System employees can earn the degrees necessary to excel in their careers and meet the ever evolving requirements of the healthcare industry. Conveniently located just 2.5 miles from the Reading Hospital, Alvernia offers Reading Health employees the opportunity to pursue RN to BSN completion, a Master of Science in Nursing, or a Post Baccalaureate or Post Master’s DNP.
Exclusive Reading Health System Benefits
The Alvernia + Reading Health System partnership allows Reading Health employees to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Preferred pricing on Alvernia University tuition
- Nursing scholarships/grants available *(Note: eligibility requirements must be met)
- Access to more than 50 associate degree programs, bachelor’s degree and degree completion programs, master’s degree programs and certificate programs
- Transfer credits already completed
- Get credit for life experience – time in the workplace can be considered for credit towards an undergraduate degree
- Assistance in applying and enrolling at Alvernia
- Access to professional development events through our Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership
- A vast network of professionals in the Greater Reading business community
Nursing Degree Programs
- RN to BSN Completion – allows registered nurses to complete their Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. Classes are offered on campus, online, or in a blended format
- Master of Science in Nursing – our MSN program is designed for nurses who desire a career in nursing education. Students can choose from two tracks – either the Nursing Education Track or the Nursing Leadership & Healthcare Administration Track. Classes are offered in a blended format.
- Post Baccalaureate DNP – allows BSN nurses to seamless complete advance nursing practice clinical coursework and DNP requirements in one program. Student can choose from one of two primary care nurse practitioner tracks, Adult Gerontology Nurse Practitioner (A-GNP) or Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP). This program is offered in an on campus and online blended format.
- Post Master’s DNP – For master’s prepared and licensed APRNs, this program is designed for clinical nurse specialists, nurse anesthetists, nurse midwives, and nurse practitioners looking to earn their DNP. This program is offered fully online.
The Alvernia Advantage
Alvernia University is a fully accredited institution, combining the small class sizes and personal attention of a small private college with many of the opportunities of a large university. With more than 50 on campus, online and blended academic programs taught by faculty who are experts in their fields, Alvernia gives you easy, convenient and flexible options that let you earn your degree while working full-time.
Get Started Today!
We’re here to help you every step of the way. Contact our Graduate and Adult Admissions team at 610.796.5187 or email@example.com with questions or to enroll today.