Behavioral health student, Patrick Vogelsong, will be graduating from Alvernia on Sunday — 13 years after doctors told his mother that she should consider taking him off life support.Read More
Students participating in the service-learning project provided a detailed marketing plan for a proposed aquaponic food bank for the Greater Reading area.Read More
Alvernia Facts and Figures
Alvernia Facts & Figures
- 3,000 total students
- 1,500 traditional undergraduates
- 40:60 male-female ratio
- Approximately 77% of freshmen reside on our 121-acre campus.
Our graduates are discovering that the purposeful, practical liberal arts education they received at Alvernia University benefits them in their professions. A survey of 2008 graduates revealed the following:
- 83% felt their Alvernia education provided experiences relevant to career goals.
- 84% felt their Alvernia education has provided up-to-date information relevant to current issues and topics.
- 86% credit their Alvernia degree as a factor for getting their new job.
- 73% of students who have jobs with new employers or a job offer said their Alvernia degree was a requirement for the job.
- The majority of Alvernia graduates with new jobs found them within 1-3 months of graduation.
- They associate their new degree with anticipated benefits such as promotions, better job security, better benefits, and extra vacation time.
Messages from Dr. Cicala
Dr. Joseph J. Cicala
VP for University Life
November 29, 2010 - Holiday season letter about alcohol and other drugs policies and resources.
November 11, 2010—Alvernia University prohibits the possession and use of any alcoholic energy drinks. Please see Dr. Cicala's recent announcement for more information.
Frequently Called Numbers
Have questions? Let us help!
|Office or Department||Number|
|Dean of Students
Full University Directory