- Official transcript(s) indicating that the applicant has earned a baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from an ACEN (formerly NLNAC) or CCNE accredited program at a college or university.
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale in a BSN Program.
- Satisfactory scores on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) within the past five (5) years. GRE or MAT may be waived if GPA is 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale and all other admission criteria are satisfactory.
- Completion of an undergraduate statistics and research course with a grade of “C” or better. If not completed, the courses must be taken in conjunction with graduate courses at Alvernia University.
- Minimum of one (1) year recent relevant practice in nursing.
- Three (3) recommendations (preferably from professional nurses with graduate degrees) regarding applicant’s practice and potential for graduate work in nursing. (*) In lieu of letters, MSN candidates must obtain references using specific form supplied with the admission packet.
- Current resume.
- Essay following specific guidelines for both content and format. (*) Guidelines are available from the RN to BSN Outreach Coordinator in the School of Graduate and Adult Education, if not included in the application packet.
- Photocopy of valid Pennsylvania license as a Registered Nurse.
- A meeting with the MSN Program Coordinator/Director or designated faculty member after all required application materials have been received to review the MSN Program curriculum and course schedule.
(*) Waived for BSN graduates of Alvernia University