Kenhorst Borough Road Work
Kenhorst Borough’s 2012 Road Paving Project will take place the week of September 24th-September 28th weather permitting. The road work includes milling and paving the following areas:
- Upland Avenue from New Holland Road to Jackson Street - Access to Upland Avenue from New Holland Rd, Jackson, Commonwealth and Broadway will be blocked.
In addition, the following three intersections will be paved:
- Broadway Blvd at Tyrone
- Milford Ave at Cortland
- Milford Ave at Lacrosse
The work is expected to be completed within three days - milling the first day, paving the next day and the third day for sealing/line striping.
The Contractor will leave a lane open during the work on Upland for emergency vehicles and Upland Avenue residents to access their properties.
- History: Established as a private four-year liberal arts college in 1958, Alvernia celebrated its 50th year by being awarded university status in 2008.
- Heritage: Founded by the Bernardine Sisters, a Catholic religious order, the university embraces the Franciscan core values of service, humility, collegiality, contemplation and peacemaking.
- Motto: “To Learn, To Love, To Serve”
- Campus: The main campus in Reading is 121 acres, with two satellite campuses in Philadelphia and Pottsville (Schuylkill County).
- Location: Our residential campus is situated three miles from center-city Reading, in the scenic Blue Mountain area of Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Enrollment: 3,000 students attend Alvernia including 1,500 traditional undergraduates, 600 continuing education students, and 780 graduate students. Over 77% of first-year students live on campus.
- Faculty: Our professors are accomplished scholars, experts in their fields, and supportive mentors. The student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1. Most classes are 20 students or fewer.
- Athletics: NCAA Division III, member of the Commonwealth Conference of the Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation and member of Eastern College Athletic Conference, 8 men’s and 10 women’s intercollegiate sports.