Assistant Professor of Graphic Art
How did you get to Alvernia?
I drove a truck filed with my belongings.
Can you please describe your job here at Alvernia?
I have been hired to start a Graphic Arts Program here at Alvernia University.
What would you say is your favorite part about your job, so far?
Meeting the new community of people that I am now a part of.
When you aren't working how do you enjoy spending time?
My interests vary depending on my creative mood. I enjoy both traditional and digital forms of art. I like to stay active physically whether it be sports or exercise. Currently I am exploring all that the greater Reading area has to offer me.
Where is your favorite place to eat on or off campus?
I just moved here, any suggestions please send my way...
- History: Established as a private four-year liberal arts college in 1958, Alvernia celebrated its 50th year by being awarded university status in 2008.
- Heritage: Founded by the Bernardine Sisters, a Catholic religious order, the university embraces the Franciscan core values of service, humility, collegiality, contemplation and peacemaking.
- Motto: “To Learn, To Love, To Serve”
- Campus: The main campus in Reading is 121 acres, with two satellite campuses in Philadelphia and Pottsville (Schuylkill County).
- Location: Our residential campus is situated three miles from center-city Reading, in the scenic Blue Mountain area of Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Enrollment: 3,000 students attend Alvernia including 1,500 traditional undergraduates, 600 continuing education students, and 780 graduate students. Over 77% of first-year students live on campus.
- Faculty: Our professors are accomplished scholars, experts in their fields, and supportive mentors. The student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1. Most classes are 20 students or fewer.
- Athletics: NCAA Division III, member of the Commonwealth Conference of the Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation and member of Eastern College Athletic Conference, 8 men’s and 10 women’s intercollegiate sports.