Alvernia elects three renowned local leaders to Board of TrusteesDate: 8/16/2012
Three prominent local leaders: Robert Davis, president & CEO, VIST Financial, Carl Herbein, CEO of Herbein & Company, and Chris Pruitt, executive vice president of East Penn Manufacturing, have been elected to the Board of Directors at Alvernia University.
As President and CEO, Robert Davis is responsible for leading VIST Bank, which provides a full suite of financial services including business and personal banking services through 21 branch offices within Montgomery, Berks, Schuylkill, Delaware and Philadelphia counties.
Since founding Herbein & Co. in 1972, Carl Herbein has served as Partner-in-charge of services for the majority of Herbein’s dairy clients. Since 1976, Herbein has spent more than 14,500 hours of time in personally preparing for and testifying at over 138 Pennsylvania Milk Marketing Board price hearings.
In addition to serving as Executive Vice President of Sales, Finance, and Administration for East Penn Manufacturing Corporation, Chris Pruitt also oversees customer service, IT, and sales for the Motive Power and Wire & Cable Divisions. He is also involved in acquisitions and international joint venture transactions for the company.
- History: Established as a private four-year liberal arts college in 1958, Alvernia celebrated its 50th year by being awarded university status in 2008.
- Heritage: Founded by the Bernardine Sisters, a Catholic religious order, the university embraces the Franciscan core values of service, humility, collegiality, contemplation and peacemaking.
- Motto: “To Learn, To Love, To Serve”
- Campus: The main campus in Reading is 121 acres, with two satellite campuses in Philadelphia and Pottsville (Schuylkill County).
- Location: Our residential campus is situated three miles from center-city Reading, in the scenic Blue Mountain area of Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Enrollment: 3,000 students attend Alvernia including 1,500 traditional undergraduates, 600 continuing education students, and 780 graduate students. Over 77% of first-year students live on campus.
- Faculty: Our professors are accomplished scholars, experts in their fields, and supportive mentors. The student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1. Most classes are 20 students or fewer.
- Athletics: NCAA Division III, member of the Commonwealth Conference of the Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation and member of Eastern College Athletic Conference, 8 men’s and 10 women’s intercollegiate sports.