FAFSA and FUNDate: 2/1/2010
Get help with student aid forms...
The Office of Student Financial Planning at Alvernia University will be hosting this year's annual “FAFSA and Fun” event on Thursday, February 13, 2010. Join us in the Bernardine Hall lobby (main campus) at 1:30 PM. The event is open to everyone who has any questions on filling out the 2010-2011 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form.
There will be Alvernia staff members available to assist attendees. Bilingual staff members will also be on hand, and all materials will be available in Spanish.
A line-by-line discussion about the FAFSA form will ensure all questions are answered.
If you would like to fill out the FAFSA while you are at the event bring along your 2009 federal tax return and W-2 forms. Computers will be available if participants would like to complete their FAFSA forms online.
If you have any questions about this informative and fun-filled event, please contact the Office of Student Financial Planning at 610.796.8356, or email email@example.com.
About Alvernia UniversityAlvernia is a selective, private university located in historic Berks County, Pa., that combines the academic rigor of a comprehensive university with the personal attention of a small liberal arts college. The institution offers more than 600 courses with 50 majors and minors. Guided by Catholic Franciscan values and the ideal of “knowledge joined with love,” Alvernia offers a rigorous, caring, and inclusive learning community committed to academic excellence.
- History: Established as a private four-year liberal arts college in 1958, Alvernia celebrated its 50th year by being awarded university status in 2008.
- Heritage: Founded by the Bernardine Sisters, a Catholic religious order, the university embraces the Franciscan core values of service, humility, collegiality, contemplation and peacemaking.
- Motto: “To Learn, To Love, To Serve”
- Campus: The main campus in Reading is 121 acres, with two satellite campuses in Philadelphia and Pottsville (Schuylkill County).
- Location: Our residential campus is situated three miles from center-city Reading, in the scenic Blue Mountain area of Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Enrollment: 3,000 students attend Alvernia including 1,500 traditional undergraduates, 600 continuing education students, and 780 graduate students. Over 77% of first-year students live on campus.
- Faculty: Our professors are accomplished scholars, experts in their fields, and supportive mentors. The student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1. Most classes are 20 students or fewer.
- Athletics: NCAA Division III, member of the Commonwealth Conference of the Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation and member of Eastern College Athletic Conference, 8 men’s and 10 women’s intercollegiate sports.