Name Change Policy
This policy explains the process when a faculty, staff or student has changed their name.
To standardize the process and set expectations for anyone requesting a name change within Alvernia University’s records.
The intent is to complete the approved name change while providing uninterrupted access to your University resources.
- Your display name as seen in the University email directory will change. Alvernia University email addresses are created based on the following format: email@example.com. If an address already exists when following that format, a unique email address will automatically be generated.
- Your old email address as it was before your name change will continue to work.
- Your name as seen in Self-Service, Blackboard, myAlvernia and TK20 will reflect your new name.
- Your user name will not change for any resource access.
- Your file storage home directory name, known as your U drive, will not change.
- Change requests are made via the Registrar’s office for students and Human Resources for faculty and staff. The form for students can be found here. The form for faculty and staff can be found here.
After the appropriate Alvernia University department has approved your request, the process will be completed within 72 hours.
Information Technology will assume the responsibility for developing the workflow and process after the changes are made with the Registrar and/or Human Resources.