Please read the guidelines thoroughly. These guidelines will help you fill out the registration form correctly and completely.
- Make sure your faculty sponsor is aware that you are submitting a proposal and has read and offered you their feedback
- Fill out the registration form. Students should fill out the “presenter" registration form; faculty sponsors and guests need to complete the "faculty/guest" registration form.
- Fill out the title of your proposal and an abstract. Examples of abstracts from previous years are here.
- Technology Needs: Make sure you select the equipment you will need for your presentation under “equipment needs” on the registration form. Presentation files should either be PC-compatible and saved on a USB flash device or posted on a web site that is accessible via Internet access. We recommend bringing a back-up copy of any files you plan to access through the Internet in case of unexpected Internet access issues.
- Submit your registration form and proposal by clicking “Submit” at the bottom of the registration form.
- Deadline for submissions is Friday, February 25, 2011.
- You will receive confirmation by Friday, March 11, 2011.
Required Information for Student Proposals
- Title of proposal is limited to a maximum of 25 words
- The abstract is limited to a maximum of 200 words
- Class standing
- Type of conference proposal
- Paper Presentations
- Visual Art Work (art, cinema, technology)
- Performance (original and interpretive pieces)
Alvernia University will support the following equipment and technical connectivity requests:
- Internet connectivity
- Overhead projector
- VCR player with television
- DVD player with television
- Electric outlet and extension cord
- Music stands
- Computer projector for screen
- Sound system (for performing artists)
- Easels for 2-D artwork
- Display table
- ADA Accommodation
Alvernia will provide all reasonable ADA accommodations given institutional resources and timely requests of equipment and technical support needs. Please indicate these needs on the registration form.
Students and faculty members who have questions should contact Sharon Blair.
Students who attend an HECBC school — Albright College, Alvernia University, Penn State Berks, Kutztown University and Reading Area Community College — and whose faculty sponsor is from an HECBC school do not pay a registration fee.
Students who do not attend an HECBC school or whose faculty sponsor is not from an HECBC school must pay a $15 registration fee.