State Work Study
PA state work study is a PHEAA sponsored program whose purpose is to provide students with an opportunity to gain career-related work experience and, at the same time, earn funds to assist them in paying for their college education. To qualify, students must be a Pennsylvania resident, be enrolled at least half-time (6 credits or more), be a state grant recipient and not owe a state grant refund or have defaulted on any student loan. Employment for state work study is available as funding allows.
1. Refer to your Financial Aid Offer letter to determine if you are eligible for PA Work Study.
2. Check the Job Opportunities web site to find a list of PA job opportunities available on campus.
3. Apply for positions. Resume’s are strongly encouraged. If you need help with a resume, please use resumebuilder.
4. Fill out student employment paperwork with supervisor which consists of:
- Student Information (i.e., name, Social Security Number, Home Address, Housing status, Home Phone, Cell Phone)
- Student Records Policy
- Federal Form I-9 (must bring with you two forms of ID: Social Security Card and Drivers License or State ID card or School ID with photograph or U.S. Passport)
- Federal W-4 Form (Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate)
- Local Earned Tax Residency Certificate Form
- Direct Deposit Form– all students are strongly encouraged to have their pay directly deposited into their checking account (bring along a voided check) or savings account