Institutional work study
Institutional work study is not based on financial need and is funded entirely by Alvernia. Funds for institutional work study are limited to certain departments based upon specific needs and job skills. Students employed in institutional jobs on campus are allowed to earn up to $2,400 per academic year. Employment for institutional work study is available as funding allows.
1. Refer to your Financial Aid Offer letter to determine if you are eligible for Federal Work Study.
2. Check the Job Opportunities web site to find a list of institutional job opportunities available on campus.
3. Apply for positions. Resumes are strongly encouraged. If you need help with a resume, please use resumebuilder.
4. Fill out student employment paperwork with supervisor which consists of:
- Student Information (i.e., name, Social Security Number, Home Address, Housing status, Home Phone, Cell Phone)
- Student Records Policy
- Federal Form I-9 (must bring with you two forms of ID: Social Security Card and Driver's License or State ID Card or School ID with photograph or U.S. Passport)
- Direct Deposit Form– all students are strongly encouraged to have their pay directly deposited into their checking account (bring along a voided check) or savings account