Graduate Assistant – Ph.D. Program
Part-Time - Year Round - 20 Hours Per Week
The student must be enrolled full-time during the Fall and Spring Semesters.
(please review the enrollment requirements found on the Graduate Assistantships web page)
Summary of Duties:
The incumbent in this position works collaboratively with the Director of the Ph.D. Program and assists in the administrative and research tasks and activities of the Ph.D. Porgram including data collection, data management and analysis and report writing. This position is also responsible for assisting Ph.D. faculty in scholarship activities related to courses, grants and active research studies.
- Assist in data collection for internal and external reports including updates of annual publications and materials.
- Conduct library searches for faculty course and/or research studies.
- Assist with data for faculty research studies.
- Provide statistical support for Ph.D. Program and students.
- Compile and analyze data related to the Ph.D. Program.
- Track Ph.D. students' progress, retention and graduation rates.
- Research current trends and best practices for the Ph.D. Programs in higher education.
- Design, organize and participate in the Ph.D. Program events throughout the year.
- Represent the Ph.D. Program to the public, including recruitment events.
- Research material for and produce the Ph.D. newsletter.
- Maintain and update the Ph.D. Program web page.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree and current enrollment in an Alvernia Ph.D. Program.
- Interest in quantitative and qualitative research, statistics and computer applications.
- Proficiency with SPSS, MS Office, especially Excel, Work and Power Point
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are a must.
- Ability to work independently and strong work ethic.
- Ability to prioritize work, manage time and multi-task appropriately.
- Knowledge of statistics and familiarity with principles of research design and survey research preferred.
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
Send application and resume to Lisa.Venkler@alvernia.edu
Office of Student Financial Planning
400 Saint Bernardine St.
Reading, PA 19607
Alvernia is a growing co-educational Catholic Franciscan institution dedicated to academic and professional leadership based in the liberal arts tradition. Its suburban 121-acre campus outside Reading is within a ninety-minute drive to New York, Princeton, and Philadelphia. Alvernia University is committed to equal opportunity. Applicants who would enrich the diversity of our campus are encouraged to apply.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Posting Date: February 27, 2017