Graduate Assistant - Marketing
Start Date - August 22, 2016
Part-Time - Year-Round - 20 Hours per Week
The student must be enrolled full-time during the Fall and Spring Semesters (please review the enrollment requirements found on the Graduate Assistantships Web Page.
Summary of Duties:
The Graduate Assistant for Marketing assists the department with the development and implementation of strategic marketing and communication initiatives.
- Social media idea generation, creative design, scheduling, monitoring, engagement and problem solving
- Maintain student and alumni blogs, recruit bloggers
- Photography: maintain SmugMug (uploading, searching, keywords), handle photo shoots (scheduling, working with photographers or taking photos)
- Basic design as needed (postcards, flyers, t-shirts, social media graphics)
- Copy editing/proofing
- Assist with Google AdWords and similar marketing functions (after training)
- Schedule/monitor work study duties such as:
- Social media: contests, Pinterest and real-time Instagram posts
- Design: one-off template ads, small-scale projects (postcards, etc.), web banners (website, Facebook covers, etc.) as needed
- Video: idea generation, shoot scheduling, filming and editing
- Blogs: one post per week (various topics)
- SmugMug: upload photos and add keywords to new images
- Miscellaneous: pair work study student with staff for training, include work study student in idea/design critiques, coordinate timely poster hanging and material delivery to campus
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or Design is preferred and current enrollment in an Alvernia graduate program.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherance to the Mission of the University.
- Details-oriented self-starter.
- Excellent written, verbal and personal communication skills.
- Willingness to learn.
- Good organizational skills.
- Flexibility to adapt and react to changes in scheduling and projects; work schedule must be between the hours of 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines on behalf of the Marketing Department.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned or requested.
- Working knowledge of AP Style, Adobe Creative Suite programs and social media.
- Ability to function autonomously and as a member of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Maintain a 3.0 Cumulative GPA
Send application/resume to:
Office of Student Financial Planning
400 Saint Bernardine St.
Reading, PA 19607
Alvernia is a growing co-educational Catholic Franciscan institution dedicated to academic and professional leadership based in the liberal arts tradition. Its suburban 85-acre campus outside Reading is within a ninety-minute drive to New York, Princeton, and Philadelphia. Alvernia University is committed to equal opportunity. Applicants who would enrich the diversity of our campus are encouraged to apply.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Posting Date: June 25, 2016