Graduate Assistant - Marketing
Start Date - Immediately
Part-Time - Year Round - 20 Hours Per Week
The student must be enrolled full-time during the Fall and Spring Semesters
(9 credits for fall and spring for Master's Level students; 6 credits for fall and spring for Ph.D. students)
Summary of Duties:
The Graduate Assistant for Marketing will successfully assist the department with the development and implementation of strategic marketing and communication initiatives.
- Design/Graphic work
- Social media postings
- Video editing and formatting
- Writing, administrative work and organization
- Website editing
- Assist with mailings, errands, photocopying, typing,
Working Relationships: Marketing Department staff, as well as outside vendors, such as printers and mail houses. Reports to Associate Director of Marketing.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in related field and current enrollment in an Alvernia graduate program.
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and coordinate complex schedules.
- Excellent written, verbal and personal communication skills.
- Willingness to learn.
- Flexibility to adapt and react to changes in scheduling and projects; work schedule must be between the hours of 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines on behalf of the Marketing Department.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned or requested.
- Working knowledge of desktop publishing tools (Adobe Creative Suite) and MS Office.
- Ability to function autonomously and as a member of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Maintain a 3.0 Cumulative GPA in graduate education at Alvernia University.
Office of Student Financial Planning
400 Saint Bernardine St.
Reading, PA 19607
Alvernia is a growing co-educational Catholic Franciscan institution dedicated to academic and professional leadership based in the liberal arts tradition. Its suburban 85-acre campus outside Reading is within a ninety-minute drive to New York, Princeton, and Philadelphia. Alvernia University is committed to equal opportunity. Applicants who would enrich the diversity of our campus are encouraged to apply.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Posting Date: February 19, 2013