Part-Time- Year Round – 20 Hours per Week
The student must be enrolled full-time in the fall and spring semesters (9 credits for Masters; 6 credits for Ph.D.)
Summary of Duties:
Works collaboratively with library staff to participate in all phases of service activities of the library. Supports reference, instruction, circulation, and other public service operations of the library. Creates reference and instruction aids using traditional, electronic, and Web 2.0 technologies.
Details of Responsibilities:
- Creates reference and learning aids using MAC, PC, and Web 2.0 technologies.
- Represents library and provides library information at campus events.
- Answers information-related questions by all means of contact and provides instruction using print and electronic resources.
- Participates in circulation functions including assisting in opening and closing of library.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Collaborates with campus departments and personnel.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Works well as a member of a team and independently; ability to handle multiple demands and to work under the direction of the librarian on duty.
- Directs work of student assistants.
- Does related work as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and current enrollment in an Alvernia graduate program.
- Maintains a 3.0 GPA
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in using MAC, PC, and Web 2.0 technologies.
- Must be able to create reference and learning aids using MAC, PC and web 2.0 technologies
- Ability to work a late night and weekend schedule.
- Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
Send application/resume to:
Office of Student Financial Planning
400 Saint Bernardine St.
Reading, PA 19607
Alvernia is a growing co-educational Catholic Franciscan institution dedicated to academic and professional leadership based in the liberal arts tradition. Its suburban 121-acre campus outside Reading is within a ninety-minute drive to New York, Princeton, and Philadelphia. Alvernia University is committed to equal opportunity. Applicants who would enrich the diversity of our campus are encouraged to apply.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Posting Date: July 6, 2012