Graduate Assistant – Institutional Research Board (IRB)
Part-Time – Year Round – 20 Hours Per Week
The student must be enrolled full-time during Fall and Spring Semesters
(9 credits in the Fall, 9 credits in the Spring, up to 9 credits in the Summer).
Summary of Duties:
The incumbent in this position must be a qualified individual who supports the IRB in the areas of protocol review, complex correspondence and minutes, committee member liaison and office management.
- Log in incoming IRB applications.
- Screen incoming IRB applications for completeness.
- Sends out IRB applications to appropriate IRB members to review.
- Track the status of each IRB application.
- Maintain IRB application files.
- Track all forms and communications regarding the IRB process.
- Schedule and attend IRB committee meetings.
- Take minutes at IRB meetings.
- Submit minutes for approval to the IRB Chair.
- Other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree and current enrollment in an Alvernia graduate program
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University
- Experience with IRB process
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Competent with Microsoft Word and Excel
Send application and resume to:
Office of Student Financial Planning
400 Saint Bernardine St.
Reading, PA 19607
Alvernia is a growing co-educational Catholic Franciscan institution dedicated to academic and professional leadership based in the liberal arts tradition. Its suburban 85-acre campus outside Reading is within a ninety-minute drive to New York, Princeton, and Philadelphia. Alvernia University is committed to equal opportunity. Applicants who would enrich the diversity of our campus are encouraged to apply.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Posting Date: March 9, 2011