Graduate Assistant -- Institutional Research
Part-Time - Year Round - 20 Hours Per Week
The student must be enrolled full-time during the Fall and Spring Semesters
(9 credits in the Fall, 9 credits in the Spring, up to 9 credits in the Summer)
Summary of Duties:
The incumbent in this position will assist in the administrative and research tasks and activities of the Office of Institutional Research including data collection, survey development, data management and analysis, and report writing.
- Assist in data collection for internal and external reports including updates of annual publications and materials.
- Provide a liaison to administrative and academic departments to assist in the coordination of internal surveys and other data collection efforts
- Conduct survey analysis and prepare reports and presentations
- Document reporting procedures and oversee the data integrity of the IR databases
- Assist in the expansion and upgrade of the IR website.
- Create graphs, charts and other templates for visual presentation of data.
- Research current trends and best practices in higher education institutional research
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor's degree and current enrollment in an Alvernia graduate program.
- Interest in quantitative research, math, statistics, and computer applications.
- Proficiency with MS Office, especially Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are a must.
- Ability to work independently and strong work ethic.
- Ability to prioritize work, manage time and multi-task appropriately
- Familiarity with MS Access and SPSS desirable.
- Some knowledge of statistics and familiarity with principles of research design and survey research preferred.
Send application/resume to:
Office of Student Financial Planning
400 Saint Bernardine St.
Reading, PA 19607
Alvernia is a growing co-educational Catholic Franciscan institution dedicated to academic and professional leadership based in the liberal arts tradition. Its suburban 85-acre campus outside Reading is within a ninety-minute drive to New York, Princeton, and Philadelphia. Alvernia University is committed to equal opportunity. Applicants who would enrich the diversity of our campus are encouraged to apply.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Posting Date: July 19, 2012