Graduate Assistant - Campus Ministry
Part-Time - Year Round - 20 Hours Per Week
The student must be enrolled full-time during the Fall and Spring Semesters.
(please review the enrollment requirements found on the Graduate Assistantships web page)
Summary of Duties:
The incumbent in this position works collaboratively with the Campus Ministry team to attend to promote the University's mission and support the spiritual life of the Alvernia University Community along five major dimensions: Catholic ministry, ecumenical and interfaith spiritual development for students of all faiths, peace and social justice education, Alternative Breaks and retreats.
- Works 20 hours per week for Campus Ministry, including some evenings and weekends.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Maintains and updates the Alvernia University Campus Ministry website on a weekly basis, communicating with college webmaster regularly.
- Creates, produces, and updates Campus Ministry literature, brochures and marketing tools for prospective students, current students and outside community.
- Prepares materials for Open Houses, Accepted Students' Days and Connections Days, including PowerPoint slideshow, posters, handouts and brochures.
- Attend Open Houses, Accepted Students' Days and Connections Days as a representative of Campus Ministry.
- Creates Campus Ministry Bulletin weekly to be distributed at Sunday Masses and throughout the week on campus.
- Assist Campus Ministry team with preparations for events and programs.
- Specific duties as assigned by the Director of Campus Ministry.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and the mission of Alvernia University.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree and current enrollment in an Alvernia graduate program.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with PC's, including Microsoft Word, Publisher and PowerPoint
- Ability to relate to professionals and students and work in a busy environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Maintain a 3.0 Cumulative GPA in graduate education at Alvernia University
- Willingness to explore various faith perspectives
- Ability to engage in spirit of openness and acceptance with those from a diversity of faiths and religious backgrounds
Send application/resume to:
Office of Student Financial Planning
400 Saint Bernardine St.
Reading, PA 19607
Alvernia is a growing co-educational Catholic Franciscan institution dedicated to academic and professional leadership based in the liberal arts tradition. Its suburban 85-acre campus outside Reading is within a ninety-minute drive to New York, Princeton, and Philadelphia. Alvernia University is committed to equal opportunity. Applicants who would enrich the diversity of our campus are encouraged to apply.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Posting Date: May 13, 2013