Graduate Assistant - Admissions
Start Date - Summer 2016
Part-Time - Year Round - 20 Hours Per Week
The student must be enrolled full-time during the Fall and Spring Semesters.
(please review the enrollment requirements found on the Graduate Assistantships web page)
Summary of Duties:
The Graduate Assistant will assist in the administrative tasks of the Admissions Office.
- Provide support to the Admissions Office as needed with the increase of campus guests as the number and quality of visits continues to increase.
- Manage the Overnight and Shadow Programs offered to prospective students.
- Assist the Transfer Coordinator in completing applications and communicating with students who are missing documents.
- Manage the Overnight and Shadow Porgrams offered to prospective students.
- Assist in management of the Tour Guide Program which includes recruitment and training.
- Conduct admissions and enrollment management research and analysis projects.
- Prepare and manage the nonprospective visit programs (i.e., middle school and 9th grade trips and presentations which is about 25 per year)
- Review files of prospective students as needed.
- Attend and support all Admissions special events.
- Give tours as needed.
- Assist Admissions counselors with communication to prospective students.
- Represent Alvernia University at college fairs as needed.
- Maintain records and confidential data.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.
Principal Internal Working Relationships: Enrollment Team
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree and current enrollment in an Alvernia graduate program.
- Maintain a 3.0 Cumulative GPA in graduate education at Alvernia University
- Strong communication skills.
- Professional writing skills.
- Multi-task oriented with attention to detail.
- Knowledge and demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook Programs.
- Must be flexible and willing to work as part of a team and as an individual.
- Overall knowledge of higher education.
Send application/resume to:
Office of Student Financial Planning
400 Saint Bernardine St.
Reading, PA 19607
Alvernia is a growing co-educational Catholic Franciscan institution dedicated to academic and professional leadership based in the liberal arts tradition. Its suburban 85-acre campus outside Reading is within a ninety-minute drive to New York, Princeton, and Philadelphia. Alvernia University is committed to equal opportunity. Applicants who would enrich the diversity of our campus are encouraged to apply.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Posting Date: April 1, 2016