Graduate Assistant - Admissions and Student Financial Planning - Starting Summer 2013Part-Time - Year Round - 20 Hours Per Week
The student must be enrolled full-time during the Fall and Spring Semesters
(9 credits in the Fall, 9 credits in the Spring, up to 9 credits in the Summer).
Summary of Duties:
The Graduate Assistant will assist in the administrative tasks of the Admissions Office and the Office of Student Financial Planning.
- Provide support to Guest Program Coordinator as needed with the increase of campus guests as the number and quality of visits continues to increase.
- Manage the Overnight and Shadow Programs offered to prospective students.
- Assist in management of Tour Guide Program which includes recruitment, training and development of students to help make it an elite program on campus.
- Conduct admissions and enrollment management research and analysis projects.
- Serve as the liaison between Admissions and Student Financial Planning.
- Analyze and collect data on the net price calculator.
- Coordinate peer meetings between Admissions and Student Financial Planning.
- Review and analyze visitor evaluations to improve all visit programs in terms of the quantity, quality and content of events.
- Prepare and manage the non-prospective visit programs (i.e. middle school and 9th grade trips and presentations.)
- Interview prospective students.
- Review files of prospective students as needed.
- Attend and support all Admissions special events.
- Give tours as needed.
- Assist Admissions counselors with communication to prospective students.
- Represent Alvernia University at college fairs as needed.
- Maintain records and confidential data
- Become familiar with general financial aid regulations, applications and procedures.
- Maintain and update operations calendar and communications plan for the Office of Student Financial Planning
- Manage Student Financial Planning staff policy and procedures manual for main campus.
- Assist with the financial literacy development and implementation for First Year Experience and Financial Literacy Week in April
- Development additional comprehensive financial literacy programs, including media, for current day students, and develop presentation-oriented repayment information for graduating seniors.
- Assist the Student Employment Coordinator with the annual Student Employment Fair.
- Attend weekly Student Financial Planning staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Principal Internal Working Relationships: Enrollment Team (Admissions and Student Financial Planning)
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree and current enrollment in an Alvernia graduate program.
- Strong communication skills.
- Prioritize work, manage time, and multitask appropriately with attention to detail.
- Professional writing skills.
- Knowledge and demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook Programs.
- Must be flexible and will to work as part of a team and as an individual.
- Overall knowledge of higher education.
- Maintain a 3.0 Cumulative GPA in graduate education at Alvernia University
Send application/resume to:
Office of Student Financial Planning
400 Saint Bernardine St.
Reading, PA 19607
Alvernia is a growing co-educational Catholic Franciscan institution dedicated to academic and professional leadership based in the liberal arts tradition. Its suburban 85-acre campus outside Reading is within a ninety-minute drive to New York, Princeton, and Philadelphia. Alvernia University is committed to equal opportunity. Applicants who would enrich the diversity of our campus are encouraged to apply.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Posting Date: May 1, 2012