Graduate Assistant – Educational Planning Center (EPC)/ Disability Services - OPEN IMMEDIATELY
Part-Time - Year Round - 20 Hours Per Week
The student must be enrolled full-time during the Fall and Spring Semesters.
(please review the enrollment requirements found on the Graduate Assistantships web page)
Summary of Duties:
The incumbent in this position will assist in the administrative tasks and activities of the Disabilities Services Department in the Educational Planning Center.
- Assist the Associate Dean of Educational Planning with providing testing accommodations for eligible students with disabilities.
- \Run the supplemnental volunteer note-taker program.
- Assist with research agenda, including analysis of the program effectiveness, review of exemplary programs and an on-going design of disability support services at Alvernia.
- Coordinate technology resources available to eligible students to use in ADA services center; develop tutorials for students.
- Explore ways to to make Alvernia's distance education courses more accessible to individuals with disabilities.
- Assist in website development for Alvernia's ADA services.
- Demonstrate a high degree of professional reliability.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor;s degree and current enrollment in an Alvernia graduate program.
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
- Excellent oral, written and analytical communication skills.
- Knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize work, manage time and multi-task appropriately.
- Self-direction, organizational and time management skills are essential.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Willingness to work both as an individual and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of ADA requirements is a plus
Send application and resume to Darla.Timberlake@alvernia.edu
Office of Student Financial Planning
400 Saint Bernardine St.
Reading, PA 19607
Alvernia is a growing co-educational Catholic Franciscan institution dedicated to academic and professional leadership based in the liberal arts tradition. Its suburban 121-acre campus outside Reading is within a ninety-minute drive to New York, Princeton, and Philadelphia. Alvernia University is committed to equal opportunity. Applicants who would enrich the diversity of our campus are encouraged to apply.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Posting Date: February 7, 2017