Graduate Assistant – Department of Psychology and Counseling
Part-Time – Year Round – 20 Hours Per Week
The student must be enrolled full-time during Fall and Spring Semesters
Summary of Duties:
The Graduate Assistant (GA) for the Department of Psychology and Counseling is a member of the professional team that supports faculty and student research initiatives.
- Enter data into appropriate databases (Excel, SPSS or similar format)
- Assist with data analyses
- Research participant interviews
- Department research lab management (e.g., develop and maintain participant database, schedule appointments, interface with community partners)
- Assist with filing, photocopying, assemble of mailngs and other clerical duties
- Oversee and train undergraduate research assistants
- Assist with completion of Institutional Review Board applications and amendments
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University
- Other duties as requested
- Bachelor's degree and current enrollment in an Alvernia graduate program
- Commitment ot the Mission Statement , core values and goals of the University
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Willingness and ability to work as part of a team as well as, individually.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging position
Office of Student Financial Planning
400 Saint Bernardine St.
Reading, PA 19607
Alvernia is a growing co-educational Catholic Franciscan institution
dedicated to academic and professional leadership based in the liberal arts
tradition. Its suburban 85-acre campus outside Reading is within a
ninety-minute drive to New York, Princeton, and Philadelphia. Alvernia
University is committed to equal opportunity. Applicants who would enrich the
diversity of our campus are encouraged to apply.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer