Coordinator of Graduate Admissions and Student ServicesJob Summary:
The incumbent is responsible for recruitment of graduate students and promoting matriculated and non-degree enrollment within all Main Campus graduate programs. The incumbent is also responsible for providing prompt and thorough customer service for Main Campus graduate students.Essential Functions:
1. Recruiting and counseling potential graduate students. Responding to all graduate program leads for Main Campus and fully executing the divisional communication plan. Recruitment responsibilities include; participation in divisional open houses and representing the institution at graduate fairs, employment expos, campus recruitment opportunities and related events. Application responsibilities include; overseeing the admissions and administrative processing of all application materials, providing guidance to graduate program applicants, and coordinating the prospect evaluation process for the teaching certification programs.
2. Providing essential student services for Main Campus graduate programs. Responsibilities include; acting as collegiate counselor for Main Campus graduate students, functioning as the first point of contact for students with questions or issues including: academic, financial, logistical and course scheduling concerns. Additionally, disseminate administrative and academic information to active students, coordinating enrollment pushes, and assisting non-degree students and new starts through the initial enrollment process.
3. Administrating the Miller Analogies Test on Main Campus. Responsibilities include; promoting the institution as a testing site, executing all administrative needs required, and conducting testing.
4. Promoting Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.Additional Responsibilities:
1. Functioning as the chapter advisor for the Alpha Epsilon Lambda graduate honor society. Responsibilities include; selecting society invitees in conjunction with fall and spring commencement and coordinating the induction ceremony in conjunction with the divisional awards banquets.
2. Completing student academic and enrollment reports as required for marketing, academic and administrative purposes.
3. Maintaining master two-year course schedule.Qualifications/Education:
1. Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
2. Master’s degree preferred.
3. Ability to communicate technical academic information to nontechnical audiences.
4. Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and mastery of PowerCampus applications.
5. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act requirements.
6. Ability to multitask in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment while representing and interacting with multiple constituencies.Physical Requirements:
1. Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job.
2. Evening and weekend work responsibilities are essential with regular scheduling flexibility required.
3. A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are required.
This job posting is not intended to be all inclusive, and does not contain a comprehensive listing of all duties and activities that might be useful.
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: July 12, 2013