Part-Time Secretary – Humanities and Fine & Performing Arts Departments and Honors Program
Summary of Duties:
Position reports to two department chairs and one program, supports faculty and students in the departments, and collaborates across university in fulfilling broad administrative duties.
* Provide frontline assistance to internal and external groups, including answering inquiries, promoting clear communication, scheduling meetings, processing paperwork, and ensuring professional office environment.
* Support department chairpersons in timely completion of correspondence, reports, contracts, mailings, affiliation agreements, membership renewals, budget maintenance, purchases, orders, photocopying, securing and creating instructional materials, maintaining files, minute-taking, travel arrangements, event planning and hospitality.
* Support faculty as above.
* Assist with hiring, visiting teams, new faculty, and partnering agencies.
* Maintain confidential student files.
* Coordinate internal communications and requests across university.
* Update website as requested.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Prior secretarial experience.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Proven proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access and Outlook.
* High professional standards.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Commitment to the mission and values of Alvernia University.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Regular attendance is required to satisfactorily perform the duties of this position.
* Physically able to work in an office environment and perform functions requiring moderate strength.
Contact Name: Human Resources
Posting Date: October 21, 2013