Secretary, English/Communication and Math/Science Departments, Full Time, 10-Month
Position reports to two department chairs, supports faculty and students in the departments, and collaborates across University in fulfilling broad administrative duties.
* Provide front line assistance to internal and external groups, including answering inquiries, promoting clear communication, scheduling meetings, processing paperwork, and ensuring professional office environment.
* Receive deliveries.
* Support department chairpersons in timely completion of correspondence, reports contracts, mailings, affiliation agreements, membership renewals, budget maintenance, purchases, orders, photocopying, securing and creating instructional materials, maintaining files, minute-taking, travel arrangements, event planning and hospitality.
* Support faculty as above.
* Assist with hiring, visiting teams, new faculty, and partnering agencies.
* Maintain confidential student files.
* Coordinate internal communications and requests across the University.
* Update website as requested
* Other duties as assigned.
* HS Diploma or equivalent.
* Prior secretarial experience.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Proven proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access and Outlook.
* High professional standards
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Commitment to the mission and values of Alvernia University.
* Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job.
* Physically able to work in an office environment and perform functions requiring moderate strength.
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: November 26, 2013