Secretary - Department of Humanities and Department of Fine and Performing Arts
Summary of Duties:
Secretarial duties for faculty of above departments. Liaison between faculty and students.
- Ordering desk copies, office supplies, and membership renewals.
- Maintain confidential student files.
- Take minutes for departmental meetings.
- Process all paperwork for expense reports and check requisitions and purchase requisitions.
- Arrange paperwork and accommodations for events for the departments, examples: Program Reviews hotel rooms, travel arrangements, etiquette brunches, luncheons, etc.
- Coordinating faculty's syllabus on the S-drive and storing them on a back up disk.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.
- Provide support to department's faculty including but not limited to typing syllabi, exams, correspondence, etc.
- Front-line representative for the department.
- Maintain and update contracts for affiliations with field agencies.
- Assisting with internal communications for the faculty and students.
- Assisting with Open houses, posters, and in-house publications for the departments.
- Maintain budgets for the departments, formerly a function of the Administrative Assistant.
- Assist Humanities Department with Honor Society awards: ordering plaques and etc.
- Performing other services deemed reasonable by the supervisors.
- Writing work orders for faculty.
- Updating the Alvernia website if necessity for faculty.
- Facilitating necessary arrangements for Adjuncts as requested per Chairs, for example: parking tags, keys to rooms, ID's, and e-mail addresses, etc.
- Contacting the correct department to fix equipment in a classroom for the faculty.
- Walking to other buildings on Campus and/or driving on short errands.
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
- High school graduate.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook.
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: August 23, 2012