Student Financial Planning Counselor
A Student Financial Planning Counselor is responsible for maintaining knowledge base of federal, state, University and institutional student aid funding as well as regulations and procedures to provide professional assistance and guidance to students in an active, fast paced environment. The SFP Counselor works as part of a team and independently with little supervision and is responsible to advise and assist students with financial planning and continuity to ensure compliance with federal/state regulations and procedures. Organizational and communication skills as well as a demonstrated ability to protect confidential records are a must, along with strong computer and software skills. Evening, weekend and some travel will be required for this position.
* Providing administrative support to the Student Financial Planning Office
* Assure consistent application of office policy & procedure
* Respond to questions, requests for financial aid information in person, by phone & email
* Counsel students and families in obtaining federal, state, and private funding and establish whether students meet required criteria for the funding.
* Responsible for the financial aid process for students which includes verifying and monitoring student files via PowerFAIDS
* Packaging students based on award eligibility
* Educate students on budgeting, debt management, and alternative ways to manage expenses associated with a college education.
* Attend on campus recruitment events, financial aid presentations, and open houses.
* Travel to off-site locations including: Philadelphia and Schuylkill campuses.
* Participate in trainings and conferences including: PHEAA, PASFAA, PowerFAIDS, etc.
* Maintain strict confidentiality of all activities in the Office of Student Financial Planning
* Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Entry level position, no prior financial aid experience required
* Bachelor’s Degree Required
This job posting is not intended to be all inclusive, and does not contain a comprehensive listing of all duties and activities that might be useful.
Contact Name: Human Resources
Posting Date: December 28, 2012