Research and Assessment Data Specialist, FTJob Summary:
Provides data management assistance for institutional research and assessment activities in support of the mission and strategic plan of the University; maintains assessment and evaluation databases as well as databases relating to the University’s participation in national surveys, tests and reports; prepares statistical charts, tables and graphs using Excel and SPSS; assists with collecting, cleaning, and organizing data for analysis and reporting; assists in the production and dissemination of reports to internal and external constituencies; works with academic and administrative departments to support storage and retrieval of data for program review, assessment of student learning, and institutional effectiveness, and performs other duties as required to meet organizational needs.Essential Functions:
1. Coordinates data collection for external and internal research and assessment reports.
2. Assists in managing research, assessment, and survey databases including data entry and data retrieval.
3. Assists in cleaning, organization and preparation of data for statistical analysis.
4. Assists in maintaining, revising, and publishing annual reports for program review and assessment.
5. Compiles statistical summaries from data.
6. Creates graphs, charts and other templates for visual presentation of data.
7. Collaborates with faculty and staff to support data collection and reporting.
8. Documents reporting procedures and assures accuracy of data.
9. Learns new software as required.
10. Handles day-to-day activity according to supervisor’s general instructions.
11. Promotes Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.
12. Other duties as deemed reasonable by Director. Qualifications/Education:
1. Commitment to the Mission, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
2. Bachelor's degree with a strong quantitative background.
3. Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite especially Excel and Access is a must.
4. Knowledge of statistics and familiarity with principles of research design.
5. Experience working with large databases and familiarity with SPSS preferred.
6. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
7. Ability to work independently and to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment under strict deadlines.
8. Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and follow through all phases to completion.
9. Strong interpersonal skills and discretion in handling confidential information required.
10. Experience in higher education desirable but not required.Physical Requirements:
1. Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job.
2. Ability to coordinate multiple activities and projects and prioritize own work.
3. Ability to stay focused on job at hand with constant interruptions.
Contact Name: Human Resources
Posting Date: August 15, 2014