Regional Advancement OfficerJob Summary:
Reporting directly to the Director of Development, the Regional Advancement Officer works to build and enhance relationships with all constituents for the purpose of increasing financial support to Alvernia University. This individual is responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major gifts. He/she will work with prospective donors to determine philanthropic interest related to the university’s fundraising goals through the annual fund, endowment and capital projects.Essential Functions:
1. Manage a personal portfolio of approximately 200 prospects, both alumni and friends, focused on discovery, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
2. Develop and implement prospect specific strategies for cultivating and soliciting annual, major and planned gifts.
3. Cultivate, solicit and steward major gifts, with a focus on leadership gifts to the annual fund and major gives over $10,000. Prepare and submit goals that contain specific timelines, project results and outcomes.
4. Document all activity in Power Campus.
5. Attend all appropriate development and major gift meetings as well as other university related events.
6. Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.Qualifications/Education:
1. Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
2. Baccalaureate Degree.
3. Outstanding written, oral and listening skills.
4. Highly organized, self-motivated and a team player.Physical Requirements:
1. Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job.
2. Ability to travel extensively.
3. Valid driver’s license. Contact: Human ResourcesDate Posted:
June 3, 2013