Library Assistant – PT, Circulation
Responsible for circulation desk operations and helping with public services. Also responsible for reserve operations.
* Assist in all aspects of public services including circulation, reference, and making referrals to librarians as instructed.
* Participate in all aspects of circulation functions including charging materials, fines, and opening and closing the library when needed.
* Manage reserve operations.
* Take gate count and reconcile cash drawer records. Make deposits.
* Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.
* Shelve materials.
* Direct the work of student assistants.
* Maintain statistics and create reports as requested.
* Perform related work as assigned.
* Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
* Bachelor’s degree preferred.
* Knowledge of integrated library systems for circulation preferred.
* Ability to handle multiple demands.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff; good communication and customer skills; ability to adapt to a changing library environment.
* Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
* Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job.
* Able to lift 25 lbs. and push a library cart weighing 125 lbs.
Contact Name: Human Resources
Posting Date: October 21, 2013