Health Services Receptionist, Part-Time
The receptionist/secretary will be the first point of contact for anyone entering or contacting the Health and Wellness Center. He/she will maintain the schedule and flow of the patients through our facility.
1. Greet all persons entering the Health & Wellness Center and provide check-in/check-out for patients.
2. Answer and direct phone calls appropriately.
3. Schedule patient appointments for Counseling and Health Service and prepare charts for appointments.
4. Sort mail and assure it is handled in a timely manner.
5. Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.
1. Maintain confidential medical charts.
2. Enter data and run reports utilizing data management software.
3. Enter data and run reports utilizing Power Campus.
4. Serve on specific committees and duties as assigned by the Vice President for University Life.
5. Delegate office tasks to student workers as appropriate.
1. Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
2. Minimum of 2 years medical office or receptionist experience OR Medical Office Assistant certification with one year of work experience in the field.
3. Ability to adapt to changing situations while meeting health services goals and objectives.
4. Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and organizational skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft products including Outlook, Word, and Excel is necessary.
5. Use of office machinery: copier, fax, scanner.
1. Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job.
2. This is a 12 month position, approximately 30 hours per week for August through May and 20 hours per week for June and July with potential to expand to full time in the future if need and funding permit.
This job posting is not intended to be all inclusive, and does not contain a comprehensive listing of all duties and activities that might be useful.
Interested candidates should send resume and a letter of intent to:
Contact Name: Human Resources
Posting Date: May 31, 2013