Head Track & Field/Cross Country Coach (M&W)/ Strength & Conditioning FacilitatorJob Summary:
Organize and direct all aspects of the Alvernia University men’s & women’s indoor and outdoor track & field and cross country programs.Essential Functions:
1. In compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations of Alvernia University, the NCAA, and the MAC, direct and organize all aspects and job responsibilities of a head coach as indicated in the Alvernia Coaches Manual.
2. Focus on the recruitment and retention of academically and athletically qualified student-athletes in accordance with all NCAA rules and regulations.
3. Be available for coaches/members of the Alvernia University Community for individualized orientation sessions/team workout development and properly instruct them for correct use at least one time per semester.
4. Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.Additional Responsibilities:
1. Serve as game manager for selected home events.
2. Contribute to the overall success of the intercollegiate athletics program by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Athletics. Qualifications/Education:
1. Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
2. Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
3. Successful playing, coaching and/or administrative experience.
4. Ability to work nights and weekends.
5. Occasional travel will be required.Contact Name: Human ResourcesPosting Date:
June 27, 2013