Head Softball Coach and Asst. Director of Sports Information
Summary of Duties:
Organize and direct all aspects of the Alvernia University Softball program and assists the Sports Information Director in maintaining appropriate statistical information and award nomination regarding Alvernia intercollegiate athletics.
1. In compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations of Alvernia University, the NCAA, and the MASCAC, directs and organizes all aspects and job responsibilities of a head coach as indicated in the Alvernia Coaches Manual
2. Assists the Sports Information Director in maintaining appropriate statistical information and award nomination regarding Alvernia intercollegiate athletics.
3. Report scores and statistics to media outlets.
4. Develop, market, and promote programs for internal and external community.
5. Files appropriate reports, nominations, and submissions to the NCAA, ECAC, MASCAC, and other associations as needed.
6. Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.
1. Assist with the Management of the Graduate Assistant for Community Engagement in efforts to promote Alvernia Athletics & Recreation activities to the external and internal community.
2. Assists with coordination of Sports Information work study students.
3. Assists in the updates and maintenance of department web page.
4. Represents Alvernia University at appropriate functions, including ECAC SIDA and CoSIDA organizations.
5. Will jointly serve as contacts for all varsity sports, and will be responsible for developing press releases and story ideas on student-athletes, creating media guides and game programs, maintaining team statistics and records, and other appropriate activities.
6. Serves as an event manager for home contests.
7. Contributes to the overall success of the intercollegiate athletics program by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
1. Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
2. Bachelor’s required, Master’s degree preferred.
3. Successful playing, coaching and/or administrative experience.
4. Ability to work nights and weekends and occasional travel will be required.
Contact: Human Resources
Posted: November 14, 2013