Director, Philadelphia CenterJob Summary:
The Director serves as the leader of the administrative team for the Philadelphia Center. This individual has primary responsibility for all aspects of the day-to-day operation and activity of the Center. He/she has primary responsibility for the graduate and undergraduate programs in the Philadelphia region. This individual must possess strong leadership and organizational skills, with acuity for effective time management and the ability to motivate others.Essential Functions:
1. Coordinate the general operation of all aspects of the center, supervising other members of the team.
2. Manage all aspects of the graduate and undergraduate programs, including recruitment/admissions,
scheduling, staffing, tracking of relevant paperwork, etc.
3. Serve as the liaison for the Philadelphia Center with university administration.
5. Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.Additional Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate with the main campus liaison for marketing and advertising for the Philadelphia Center.
2. Coordinate with Center staff for all special events and registrations.
3. Represent Alvernia in the community as appropriate.
4. Maintain schedules of staff employees.
5. Other duties as assigned.Qualifications/ Education:
1. Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
2. Minimum of a Master’s degree (or Master’s in progress). Doctorate preferred
3. Previous experience in leadership/supervision role.
4. Ability to plan strategically for both short term and long range success.
5. Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and the ability to learn new applications as appropriate.Physical Requirements:
1. Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job.
2. Ability to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
3. Ability to drive to main campus and other locations as required.
4. Stamina in order to multi-task and perform duties in a fast paced setting.
This job posting is not intended to be all inclusive, and does not contain a comprehensive listing of all duties.
Contact Name: Human Resources
Posting Date: January 30, 2013