Director of Alumni and Parent Relations
The Director of Alumni & Parent Relations oversees the entire alumni and parent relations program and coordinates campus wide efforts involving alumni and parents. The director provides services and experiences that will enhance relationships and foster communications between alumni, parents and the university.
Strategic Planning & Direction-
1. Oversee the direction, coordination and operation of all alumni and parent programs, including: goal setting, strategic planning, evaluation, establishment and monitoring of office policy and procedures
2. Participate in overall Institutional Advancement goal setting and achievement
3. Establish relationships and coordinate efforts with campus organizations, departments and academic divisions for alumni and parent activities and priorities
4. Monitor annual budgets for alumni and parent accounts
5. Represent the university at various events for students, parents, alumni and friends
6. Supervise the alumni/donor relations assistant
7. Oversee work study students
8. Maintain professional associations and contacts to ensure continued knowledge and skill development
1. Develop and coordinate communications to alumni, parents and families using various media, including the online community, electronic newsletters, social media and other written communication
2. Coordinate with Marketing and Communications to supply appropriate articles, advertisements and information on alumni and parents to be used in university marketing materials
3. Engage alumni and parents with current students to increase awareness and future participation
Event & Program Management-
1. Coordinate all regional programming, including the creations of new regional chapters and management of existing chapters
2. Manage traditional events such as Homecoming & Family Weekend as well as other events throughout the year to increase alumni and parent involvement
3. Partner with other divisions across campus to increase alumni and parent involvement
1. Mange and recognize alumni and parent volunteers who help with event planning, communication and contribute philanthropically to the university
2. Manage the Alumni Council and Parent Council. Provide leadership opportunities for members , coordinate meetings and encourage participation in supporting the university.
1. Work with the development staff on identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of parent and alumni donors/prospects
2. Assist the development staff in increasing alumni and parent participation in the Alvernia Fund.
3. Personally visit alumni and parents throughout the country to engage them in the life of the institution.
1. Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
2. Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
3. Minimum four years-experience in alumni and parent relations or a related position in Higher Education
4. Excellent communicator, including written communication and knowledge of social media; ability to use Microsoft Office software
5. Comfortable learning content management software for general website updates and maintenance
1. Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job.
2. Ability to move freely about all campuses and work areas.
3. Valid driver’s license and ability to drive for long distances, as necessary.
4. Lift up to 25 pounds
5. Ability to speak and listen effectively
Contact: Human Resources
Date Posted: January 22, 2014