Data Entry Clerk, SFP Assistant- PT
Summary of Duties:
The Student Financial Planning Assistant (Temporary/Part-time) will coordinate with staff to assist and support processing, reporting, review, and reconciliation of other tasks, and will perform other secretarial and clerical duties as required in the Student Financial Planning Office.
1. Maintain and develop relationships with faculty and staff of the University
2. Work flexible hours within the office of Student Financial Planning
3. Assist at Front Desk, answering phones and greeting students and families
4. Assist with processing of incoming mail as needed
5. Review verification paperwork against PFaids data for accuracy
6. Assist in processing state grants rosters
7. Assist in the completion of a variety of projects and reports as assigned by the director or counselors
a. assist with DL, Plus, and Alternative loan programs,
b. monitor and verify the disbursement of student loans including DL, Plus, and Alternative loan
d. work with Student Billing Office/Bursar to resolve loan discrepancies and loan returns
8. Assist with processing of Special Circumstance requests and appeal paperwork
9. Performs other services as deemed reasonable by the supervisor
1. Assist with filing, photocopying, assembly of mailings and other clerical duties
2. Field phone inquiries from students, parents, and guidance counselors
3. Support director and staff in daily office functions
4. Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University
1. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
2. Exhibit professionalism and strict confidentiality at all times
3. Excellent customer service, organizational, and computer skills
4. Willingness and ability to work as part of a team as well as individually
5. Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging and demanding position
6. Ability and willingness to rotate work schedule between days, evenings and some weekends.
7. Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: November 13, 2013