Campus Minister, FT
The Campus Minister works collaboratively with the Campus Ministry team to promote student learning and development and the mission of the University through social justice education and spiritual programming at the main and satellite campuses, including the graduate and continuing studies division.
* Support the initiatives of the team to build a vibrant Franciscan faith community on campus.
* Coordinate and oversee the alternative breaks program, including new and ongoing partnerships with service organizations, the development of student leaders, and all related administrative matters.
* Support student empowerment by mentoring and working with student leaders to organize and initiate events, programs, and activities that strengthen their faith and encourage them to live committed lives of moral leadership.
* Plan and promote events, initiatives, and awareness on a broad spectrum of social justice issues for the campus and in the community.
* Work effectively in an ecumenical and inter-faith environment.
* Promote events, activities, and liturgical worship that highlight the Catholic, Franciscan mission of Alvernia University, especially the Franciscan emphasis on Catholic Social Justice.
* Work with Campus Ministry team to supervise Campus Ministry work study students, student campus ministers, and graduate assistant, as well as the officers/leaders of various clubs and organizations associated with Campus Ministry by serving as advisor.
* Collaborate with the Office of Residence Life to plan programs in the residence halls; collaborate with Student Activities and other departments and committees on campus to co-sponsor events.
* Develop a commuter connection, in collaboration with the Student Activities Office and the Commuter Caucus, to establish support and spiritual outreach to non-resident students, including part-time, graduate and continuing education.
* Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.
* Serve on committees and assume duties as assigned by the VP for University Life.
Principal Internal Working Relationships:
* Campus Ministry Team, University Life Division, Mission Division, the Holleran Center for Community Engagement, Student Campus Ministers, Graduate Assistant, work study students, and students in general.
External Working Relationships:
* Roman Catholic Diocese of Allentown, Catholic Campus Ministry Association, Reading/Berks Conference of Churches, InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, local Catholic clergy, religious leaders from other faiths, and community organizations.
* M.A. in related field. Collaborative working style; strong organizational ability, skilled in promoting student engagement in service experiences; working knowledge of or willingness to learn Roman Catholic rituals; skills to mentor student leaders; an understanding of and a commitment to Franciscan spirituality; willingness to work flexible hours.
This job posting is not intended to be all inclusive, and does not contain a comprehensive listing of all duties and activities that might be useful.
Contact Name: Human Resources
Posting Date: July 18, 2012