Assistant Director, Philadelphia CenterJob Summary:
The Assistant Director serves as integral role in the administrative team for the Philadelphia Center. This individual supports the Director in all aspects of the day to day operation of the center. This individual must possess strong organizational skills, with acuity for effective time management. This individual is responsible for recruitment and enrollment of graduate and undergraduate programs.Essential Functions:
1. Complete day-to-day job tasks by managing and implementing effective student-centered process for inquiry and application processing, file completion, acceptance and student registration in SCT and Intelliworks.
2. Assist with students enrolled in the ESL program.
3. Manage all aspects of the graduate and undergraduate programs, including recruitment/admissions, scheduling, staffing, and tracking of relevant paperwork.
4. Support the Director in day to day operations of the center.
5. Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.Additional Responsibilities:
1. Seek opportunities for program growth within all programs.
2. Represent Alvernia in the community as appropriate.
3. Respond to emergency situations at the center.
4. Other duties as assigned.Qualifications/Education:
1. Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
2. Minimum of a Master’s degree (or Master’s in progress).
3. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
4. Ability to multi-task, working independently, and managing time effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment while representing and interacting with multiple constituencies.
5. Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and the ability to learn new applications such as the University’s Power Campus.
6. A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are required.Physical Requirements:
1. Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job.
2. Ability to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
This job posting is not intended to be all inclusive, and does not contain a comprehensive listing of all duties and activities that might be useful.Contact Name: Human Resources Posting Date:
October 4, 2012