Assistant Director, Schuylkill CenterJob Summary:
The Assistant Director serves as integral role in the administrative team for the Schuylkill Center. This individual supports the Director in all aspects of the day to day operation of the center. This individual must possess strong organizational skills, with acuity for effective time management. Essential Functions
* Assists in the management of undergraduate and graduate programs in the greater Schuylkill region, including but not limited to: Recruitment, admissions, scheduling, staffing, tracking of relevant paperwork, administration of field experiences, Intelliworks, CRM.
* Respond to emergency situations at the center.
* Coordinate student services and student activities.
* Manage tracking of Clearances and all requirements for UG & GR Field Work.
* Support the Director in the day to day operation of the Center.
* Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to Mission of the University.
* Coordinate outreach to schools, businesses, and two year community colleges/propriety schools.
* Seek opportunities for program growth within the graduate and undergraduate education field in the Schuylkill region.
* Represent Alvernia in the community as appropriate.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
* Minimum of a Master’s degree (or Master’s in progress).
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to multi-task, working independently, and managing time effectively.
* Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and the ability to learn new applications such as the University’s Power Campus.Physical Requirements:
* Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job.
* Ability to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
* Stamina in order to multi-task and perform duties in a fast paced setting.
This job posting is not intended to be all inclusive, and does not contain a comprehensive listing of all duties and activities that might be useful.Contact Name: Human Resources
September 27, 2013