Assistant Director of Admissions-BilingualJob Summary:
The Assistant Director of Admissions is responsible for the recruitment of undergraduate multicultural students (specializing in the international student population) and traditional undergraduate domestic students. The Assistant Director of Admissions will manage all aspects of the admissions funnel for prospective students within an assigned geographic territory and/or set of academic programs.Essential Functions:
1. Assist with all aspects of multicultural student recruitment and manage all aspects of the recruiting efforts for international students to include the following:
* Provide insight and support to the development of the outreach plan to attract the necessary number of leads to generate the targeted enrollment.
* Develop a systematic communication flow for prospective International students in the admission funnel.
* Responsible for reviewing international applicants and making admissions decisions based on credential evaluation of transcripts from other countries, TOEFL results, SAT results, etc.
* Responsible for communicating application status and visa procedures to international students and will advise International applicants regarding necessary documents needed to request I-20.
* Admissions liaison/coordinator for international exchange programs.
* Maintain knowledgeable about current practices and procedures for international student regulations and international admissions trends.
2. Serve as the Admissions Office chief liaison with the office of Student Financial Planning.
3. Managing all aspects of the recruiting efforts for specified domestic territory /academic programs in order to meet stated recruitment goals.
4. Represent Alvernia University at college fairs, high schools, and other off-campus events.
5. Represent Alvernia University at meetings and events sponsored by both the Higher Education Council of Berks County (HECBC), and the Pennsylvania Association of Catholic Admissions Officers (PACCAO).
6. Build relationships with and assist prospective students throughout all phases of the enrollment cycle (inquiry through enrollment)
7. Conducting interviews, appointments, and group information sessions for prospective students and their families
8. Conducting phone, e-mail and other contacts with prospective students throughout the admissions process
9. Review application files for admission and make appropriate decisions
10. Build relationships with parents, guidance counselors, and other external constituents
11. Act as a liaison to assigned academic departments
12. Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University and employee handbook.Additional Responsibilities:
1. Maintain and develop relationships with faculty and staff of the University
2. Performs other services as deemed reasonable by the supervisorQualifications/Education:
1. Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
2. Background and knowledge in international student relations, international educational systems, and student visa procedures.
3. Previous admissions and/or study abroad experience preferred.
4. Fluency in Spanish.
5. Strong communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
6. Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
7. Determination to meet recruitment goals
8. Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
9. Willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed
10. Availability for overnight travel as required
11. Proficient in the usage of computer programs (Microsoft Office) and technology
12. Valid Driver’s License
13. Bachelor’s Degree
Contact Name: Human Resources
Posting Date: June 10, 2013