The incumbent in this position will perform clerical and data entry work within the Accounting Department by performing basic payroll and accounting functions.
- Post items to general ledger.
- Take daily deposits to bank.
- Enter data into payroll system.
- Maintain department and object codes within general ledger and payable systems.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.
- Assist in reconciling payroll entries.
- Perform basic accounting duties including ledger detail reconciliation and analysis.
- Run weekly reports for University-wide budget manager.
- Other duties as requested.
- High school graduate; bachelor's degree a plus.
- Strong background in math/business.
- 3 to 5 years of accounting experience.
- Knowledge of Excel, Access and Crystal Reports a plus.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
- Job is sedentary - ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job.
Send application/resume to:
400 Saint Bernardine St.
Reading, PA 19607
Alvernia is a growing co-educational Catholic Franciscan institution dedicated to academic and professional leadership based in the liberal arts tradition. Its suburban 121-acre campus outside Reading is within a ninety-minute drive to New York, Princeton, and Philadelphia. Alvernia University is committed to equal opportunity. Applicants who would enrich the diversity of our campus are encouraged to apply. An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
This job posting is not intended to be all inclusive, and does not contain a comprehensive listing of all duties and activities that might be useful.
Employer Posting Date: January 4, 2010