Access Services and Systems Librarian
Responsible for the planning, coordination, training, and supervision of the following major library activities: circulation, reserves, stack management, and inventory. Administers, maintains, and enhances functionality of the integrated library system. Plans, maintains, and manages the library’s digital systems and services, technology, and equipment. Assists in collection development activities. Participates in professional development activities. With the other professional staff, takes part in setting library-wide policies, determining library directions, and developing appropriate performance measures.
1. Oversee and manage circulation and reserves processes including check-ins/check-outs, print and electronic reserves, stacks maintenance, and inventory. Develop, document, and implement access training programs and procedures and handle problems in those areas. Evaluate equipment and patron needs and make recommendations for improvements.
2. Administer all aspects of the Innovative Millennium Integrated Library System.
3. Plan, develop, implement, and maintain the library’s online databases, interlibrary loan systems, Web site, and other digital systems and services.
4. Act as library technology liaison both internally and externally. Work with library staff to resolve issues with library technology and equipment systems and improve user access. Provide training and instruction on library technology and equipment.
5. Provide various public services, including circulation assistance, reference, and information literacy instruction.
6. Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.
1. Direct the work of support staff and student assistants.
2. Work evenings and weekends as assigned.
3. Participate in collection development activities and act as library liaison with the faculty in assigned academic areas.
4. Keep current on trends and developments in academic library technologies and services.
5. Prepare reports and compile statistics.
6. Work cooperatively with other staff to coordinate library services.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
2. Master’s degree in library science from an ALA accredited institution.
3. Experience in one or more of the following key areas: circulation, integrated library system administration, stack maintenance, and library management.
4. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff. Excellent communication, collaboration, and customer service skills. Works well as part of a team and independently.
5. Ability to adapt and lead in a changing library environment.
Contact Name: Human Resources
Posting Date: March 27, 2014