Submit résumé, cover letter and unofficial transcript to Lesly Malloy IN PERSON at Alvernia Career & Internship Fair on Wednesday, March 21 (interviews will be for selected candidates).Start Date: 3/23/2012 10:00 am
End Date: 3/23/2012 3:00 pm
Location: Bernardine Hall 1105F Conference room
Sponsor: Career Development
Contact: Career Development 610-796-8277 or 610-796-8225 or 610-790-2878
- History: Established as a private four-year liberal arts college in 1958, Alvernia celebrated its 50th year by being awarded university status in 2008.
- Heritage: Founded by the Bernardine Sisters, a Catholic religious order, the university embraces the Franciscan core values of service, humility, collegiality, contemplation and peacemaking.
- Motto: “To Learn, To Love, To Serve”
- Campus: The main campus in Reading is 121 acres, with two satellite campuses in Philadelphia and Pottsville (Schuylkill County).
- Location: Our residential campus is situated three miles from center-city Reading, in the scenic Blue Mountain area of Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Enrollment: 3,000 students attend Alvernia including 1,500 traditional undergraduates, 600 continuing education students, and 780 graduate students. Over 77% of first-year students live on campus.
- Faculty: Our professors are accomplished scholars, experts in their fields, and supportive mentors. The student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1. Most classes are 20 students or fewer.
- Athletics: NCAA Division III, member of the Commonwealth Conference of the Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation and member of Eastern College Athletic Conference, 8 men’s and 10 women’s intercollegiate sports.