Take a few hours this winter to learn more about Alvernia University. Join us for a transfer admission information session designed with you in mind. The schedule of the day will be:
10:00am Registration- Admissions Office on the 2nd floor of Student Center—Main Campus
10:15am Admission and Financial Aid presentation
11:00am Tour of Campus
We will also be doing transcript reviews while you are here. So please be sure to bring all of your college transcripts with you to receive an evaluation on what we will accept and your approximate time to complete your Alvernia degree.
Click HERE to register.Start Date: 12/3/2013 10:00 am
End Date: 12/3/2013 1:00 pm
Location: Admissions Office - Student Center (Reading Campus)
Contact: Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Phone: (610) 796-8269 or 1-888-ALVERNIA
- History: Established as a private four-year liberal arts college in 1958, Alvernia celebrated its 50th year by being awarded university status in 2008.
- Heritage: Founded by the Bernardine Sisters, a Catholic religious order, the university embraces the Franciscan core values of service, humility, collegiality, contemplation and peacemaking.
- Motto: “To Learn, To Love, To Serve”
- Campus: The main campus in Reading is 121 acres, with two satellite campuses in Philadelphia and Pottsville (Schuylkill County).
- Location: Our residential campus is situated three miles from center-city Reading, in the scenic Blue Mountain area of Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Enrollment: 3,000 students attend Alvernia including 1,500 traditional undergraduates, 600 continuing education students, and 780 graduate students. Over 77% of first-year students live on campus.
- Faculty: Our professors are accomplished scholars, experts in their fields, and supportive mentors. The student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1. Most classes are 20 students or fewer.
- Athletics: NCAA Division III, member of the Commonwealth Conference of the Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation and member of Eastern College Athletic Conference, 8 men’s and 10 women’s intercollegiate sports.