Alvernia - RACC Transfer Tuesday Visit
Reading Area Community College (RACC)
Transfer Tuesdays and Transfer Fairs
Get ahead by going back. At Alvernia University, you can go back to school without giving up important commitments at work and home. Courses are offered in three accelerated formats: Online, Blended and Classroom. You'll find that Alvernia University makes it convenient and affordable for you to continue to get your bachelor's degree.
We invite you to learn about Alvernia University firsthand. Attend one of our next Transfer Tuesdays or Transfer Fairs to get more information. For all Transfer Tuesdays, an Alvernia Admission Coordinator will be located in the RACC Lobby (outside the cafeteria at table) from 4 - 6 p.m. Stop by, and we’ll even waive the application fee to help you get started!
Keep posted for upcoming Transfer Tuesday Sessions!
Call 1-888-ALVERNIA ext. 8496 for more information. No registration is required.
End Date: 4/23/2013 7:00 pm
Location: Reading Area Community College (RACC), Lobby located outside the cafeteria
Sponsor: School of Graduate and Adult Education
Contact: Visit our website or call 610.796.8496 or email email@example.com for more information
- History: Established as a private four-year liberal arts college in 1958, Alvernia celebrated its 50th year by being awarded university status in 2008.
- Heritage: Founded by the Bernardine Sisters, a Catholic religious order, the university embraces the Franciscan core values of service, humility, collegiality, contemplation and peacemaking.
- Motto: “To Learn, To Love, To Serve”
- Campus: The main campus in Reading is 121 acres, with two satellite campuses in Philadelphia and Pottsville (Schuylkill County).
- Location: Our residential campus is situated three miles from center-city Reading, in the scenic Blue Mountain area of Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Enrollment: 3,000 students attend Alvernia including 1,500 traditional undergraduates, 600 continuing education students, and 780 graduate students. Over 77% of first-year students live on campus.
- Faculty: Our professors are accomplished scholars, experts in their fields, and supportive mentors. The student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1. Most classes are 20 students or fewer.
- Athletics: NCAA Division III, member of the Commonwealth Conference of the Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation and member of Eastern College Athletic Conference, 8 men’s and 10 women’s intercollegiate sports.