Trip: Skiing @ Bear Creek
Grab your skis or snowboard and join us on the trails for a day of fun in the snow! Rentals are available if you don’t have your own. To receive the discounted rental rate ($28), you must contact the Office of Student Activities at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 18th. Your reservation on this trip includes transportation to and from Bear Creek, your lift ticket and refreshments on the return trip. The bus will leave the University from the Student Center at 8:00 am, and depart Bear Creek at 3:00 pm.
End Date: 1/27/2013 4:00 pm
Location: Bear Creek
Price: $30 AU Students, $40 AU Faculty and Staff, $50 Guests
Sponsor: The Office of Student Activities
- History: Established as a private four-year liberal arts college in 1958, Alvernia celebrated its 50th year by being awarded university status in 2008.
- Heritage: Founded by the Bernardine Sisters, a Catholic religious order, the university embraces the Franciscan core values of service, humility, collegiality, contemplation and peacemaking.
- Motto: “To Learn, To Love, To Serve”
- Campus: The main campus in Reading is 121 acres, with two satellite campuses in Philadelphia and Pottsville (Schuylkill County).
- Location: Our residential campus is situated three miles from center-city Reading, in the scenic Blue Mountain area of Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Enrollment: 3,000 students attend Alvernia including 1,500 traditional undergraduates, 600 continuing education students, and 780 graduate students. Over 77% of first-year students live on campus.
- Faculty: Our professors are accomplished scholars, experts in their fields, and supportive mentors. The student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1. Most classes are 20 students or fewer.
- Athletics: NCAA Division III, member of the Commonwealth Conference of the Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation and member of Eastern College Athletic Conference, 8 men’s and 10 women’s intercollegiate sports.