Dance Central 3 Tournament
Hop right into the best motion sensing dancing video game on the market. Built for the Microsoft Kinect, Dance Central 3 will put you in the game in a way you never expected. Compete with your friends in this great dancing game and show that you have the best moves in the school. The winner will get a gift card to the place of their choice and one lucky winner will take home a copy of the game! Sign up in the Office of Student Activities by 4 pm on Thursday, January 24th to guarantee a spot in the tournament!Start Date: 1/24/2013 8:00 pm
End Date: 1/24/2013 10:00 pm
Location: Commons Living Room
Sponsor: The Office of Student Activities
- History: Established as a private four-year liberal arts college in 1958, Alvernia celebrated its 50th year by being awarded university status in 2008.
- Heritage: Founded by the Bernardine Sisters, a Catholic religious order, the university embraces the Franciscan core values of service, humility, collegiality, contemplation and peacemaking.
- Motto: “To Learn, To Love, To Serve”
- Campus: The main campus in Reading is 121 acres, with two satellite campuses in Philadelphia and Pottsville (Schuylkill County).
- Location: Our residential campus is situated three miles from center-city Reading, in the scenic Blue Mountain area of Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Enrollment: 3,000 students attend Alvernia including 1,500 traditional undergraduates, 600 continuing education students, and 780 graduate students. Over 77% of first-year students live on campus.
- Faculty: Our professors are accomplished scholars, experts in their fields, and supportive mentors. The student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1. Most classes are 20 students or fewer.
- Athletics: NCAA Division III, member of the Commonwealth Conference of the Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation and member of Eastern College Athletic Conference, 8 men’s and 10 women’s intercollegiate sports.